In today's article, we are going to talk about the custom robots.txt, what is this custom robots.txt. Is this robots.txt required for our blog. All these things we will know in detail in this blog Post.
What is custom robots.txt ?
If you are blogging and your blog is hosted on Blogger then this article is for you. If you are blogging then you must have heard about robots.txt. If you do not know, then I tell you that when you submit your blog or website to Webmaster or Adsense, then first of all Google Robots check our blog or website. Robots will be able to check our site only when there is a custom robots.txt file in our site.
Many times what happens when we apply our website or blog for Apply AdSense, then we get a reject mail. This mail contains an error and this error is from Site Down or Site Unavailable. The main reason is That your site does not have a robots.txt file. When you apply then your application is first checked by Google bots and then your application is manually checked further.
How to add custom robots.txt In Blogger ?
- First of all, go to blogger.com
- On the left side you will see Options in which to select the Settings >> Select Search preferences.
- Click on Edit of Custom robots.txt Option.
- Select Yes in the Enable custom robots.txt content?
- Copy the code below and paste it into the robots.txt Box
- Replace Your Site URL with the URL of your blog/website.
- Click Save.